Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 11, 2007

So, today I had a couple of thoughts.

On my drive home, I kept getting disgusted at other drivers. Normally I try to relax a bit on the drive home; not let things get to me. I can often get away with it. Today, I wasn't so lucky. Usually my driving frustration stems from others not following the rules, mostly due to ignorance. Today was no different. After a few grumblings, I turned down the radio & did a little reflection. The more I thought about how absurd I was being, & that I can make the same mistakes, the more I realized how hard it is to kick the "habit." Which leads me to my second thought...

I received a pamphlet of sorts via email the other day that somebody from my church thought I should read. I was looking for some down time so I thought I'd give it a go. I opened up page one and started reading. Immediately my mind started thinking about the "chore" of reading this document. It didn't take long for my thoughts to proceed to a statement of, "I don't feel very Christ Like these days."

Yikes! That was a true statement. I later did a little more reflection and thought, if I don't start walking back to Him, things will go down hill. I've been there before.

Jesus, help me walk back toward you. Remind me that you are what I need, & nothing else.

No comments: