Friday, June 15, 2007

June 15, 2007

It's funny what a little Chris Tomlin in the car early in the morning will do.

I was reminded of why Laura & I started to attend church.

We were in the car on the way to something, and she had WMUZ on the radio. It had been the um-teenth time she had it on while we were in the car, & I was tired of it. As I was arguing to remove the Christian "crap" from the radio, she was arguing to keep it. She unloaded. She said something about how she has exhausted all other resources, & she was trying to make her attempt to seek God in hopes that He could solve our problems. By then the tears were rolling down her cheek. IT occurred to me then, that this was my fault, and the pain swelled in my chest.

That was the first time my heart was truly broken,,,and I, was the one that broke it.

Shortly after this conversation, we received the famous Genesis vodka flier. And God saved the day.

No comments: