Wednesday, June 27, 2007

DVD Frustrations

Yesterday I was trying to watch a DVD on my laptop. Since the error correction isn't very good, it kept getting stuck at chapter 8. I tried 4 different times to eject the disc, clean it, & reinsert it. Every single time I had to sit through the FBI warnings, in multiple languages (on a region 1 disc! But that's another story.) Since bedtime was nearing, I wanted to finish the movie before I collapsed from exhaustion. I eventually decided to skip the trouble making chapters to solve the problem. I had already seen the movie years ago, so skipping 2 chapters wasn't the end of the world. But the most annoying part was the cumulative 15 minutes I had to wait before I even got to the menu.

The poster is right, sometimes it just pays to pirate.

No comments: