Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year resolutions

Photo by iirraa

Until now, I have never really believed in New Years resolutions. I figured if I don't have any resolutions, then I can't not keep them, and therefore, I can't be ridiculed. So this is the first time I'm going to make a resolution. I plan on joining millions of other Americans and am going to go on a diet. What I should really do is exercise more, but considering my schedule, it'll be easier to control what I eat. This is going to be tough. I've been eating pretty much anything I can get my hands on as of late. Sugar is going to be the main substance that's getting deep cuts. No candy canes, Hershey's Kisses, doughnuts, animal crackers, ice cream, chocolate chips, cookies (except for an extreme rationing of Girl Scout cookies), sugar-cereal, etc. It's going to be painful for a little while, but not nearly as bad if I were to continue this downward spiral.

I've also been thinking about getting the family to exercise regularly. I'd like to think as much as the kids run around all day they wouldn't need it. But I think we can all (at least) go for a walk everyday, it'll get the kids into a structured exercise routine that, hopefully, they carry on for their entire lives. This item may take a little more finesse in the logistical department.

I have a few others that I'm not placing as much weight on, but would still like to keep track of them. Here are all of my resolutions in bulk:

  • Control eating
  • Develop exercise plan & execute
  • Take more video of the family (without fancy editing)
  • Take more pictures of all the family. This includes both Laura & me.
  • Create emergency savings (aka don't be stupid with the money)
  • Expand photography skills by taking more pictures.
Technorati Tags:

No comments: