Thursday, February 1, 2007

Children: the good husband "wildcard"

It occurred to me this morning that on my ToDo list to be a better husband, I completely forgot about incorporating playtime with the kids. I'm calling this the "wildcard" because we often forget to actually set aside time to interact with them, and the time spent could be significant. I suppose the time spent could be considered "value added" and therefore could contribute to the overall mental/emotional health benefit that my wife requires. But this time spent would take away from other duties like, laundry, cleaning the basement, etc. Another way to look at it is, if I keep the kids from fighting by keeping them busy (again, value added. Not TV.) I think I can do my wife some good. Any addition thoughts are welcome.

No comments: