Monday, February 25, 2013

Of course...

My consistent prayer is that God make it clear to me what he wants me to do. I tend to need a pretty good push to actually notice anything. That's why I tell Laura not go give me hints, but rather tell me directly so I don't miss what she's trying to tell me.

So minutes ago, I was at the gas station, the third one today in hopes of finding a good price. A man next to me asked me for some "spare change" because his debit card "stopped working." I didn't see any good reason not to give him a couple bucks. In the back of my mind though, I hear a voice that said to fill his tank. I blew it off thinking that someone with money could do that, but not me. I was mad enough at the recently risen gas prices, and meeting my budget concerns.

I got halfway home when I realized God had indeed aligned the planets for me to serve the Least of These, and I ignored his signals. See, tomorrow I'm going on a road trip for work. So essentially all the money I would've given this man would be reimbursed. I also could've used my rewards card and gotten the points from his fill up. Not to mention, if I were in his shoes I would have felt like a heel, asking for for money. Surely he wasn't excited about it.

So basically, I ignored God's call. I really need to open my eyes and not assume that God isn't talking to me. This is one of those things that I probably won't forget. I only have a few regrets in life. All of them are situations like this, where visit could help, but didn't.

No comments: