Today a friend asked me what my spiritual goals/resolutions are for 2010. I didn't really have any definitive resolutions that were specifically spiritual so I didn't really answer the question. On the drive home I managed a little reflection time & came up with a laundry list of things that I want to do, be able to do, or accomplish this year. (Please note that sometimes it helps me think to write in the third person.)
Goals for 2010:
- Pray with both my son & my girls before they go to bed.
- Do coffee or breakfast with all my kids, but especially Carly. (Remember, God has engineered YOU to mesh with your family. You, not Mark, not Ryan, not Will, are the spiritual leader of your family for a REASON.)
- Continue with small group. It's been a while since I've been encouraged in such a way that I'm motivated to go home and lead my family in the pursuit of following God.
- Be diligent, honest, & committed to my spending plan. Understand that it's OK to revise the plan as long as we both agree.
- Join a reading plan on Youversion.com. Make reasonable attempts to stick with it. Hold laura accountable.
- Pick out a Bible verse with the kids to memorize. Attempt more as time permits.
- Pray more frequently
- Baby steps...
I also came up with a couple questions that I'd like to answer:
- When is God most apparent to you? Is it during worship? Driving, what?
- God has placed His desires in our hearts! What are YOU going to do about it?!