Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting up the guts

Inspired by Dmom's post on getting emails to avoid Costco, I am reminded of ThanksNo.com.

I have a few friends/family members that send me email that are meaningless forwards. Ah, the dreaded "FW:" in the subject line. I could just filter them out, but I'd rather not get them in the first place. In fact, recently I received an email that I thought for sure was a personal, (hand) written email straight from the heart. It started off nice, but then melted away into a chain letter! I was flaberghasted.

ThanksNo does a pretty good job of getting the message across. Listen, I like you. You're my friend/relative/loved-one. I just don't want to receive emails like this. Please don't take offense...yadda, yadda, yadda.

The problem I'm having is, I don't want them to be offended. Which is funny, because I just said ThanksNo does a pretty good job of laying it all out. Still, these are good friends/relatives. And, I don't do well in the "too bad they got offended, that's their problem" department. Of course, if these people would read my blog I wouldn't even have to send them the link. :)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if they would read the entire "thanks, no" reply before they forwarded to the next person : )

have you tried it yet?

Mark said...

No I haven't yet. I'm still chicken. I did receive another one of those emails though. I guess it may be time.