Friday, December 28, 2007

Uh, oh. My computer's busted.

PA-RISC 6


For the last couple of weeks I've been getting random BSODs. Last week, I was getting them repeatedly, & at one time couldn't boot into Windoze. I got a few indications that my primary hard drive was dying. I promptly purchased a new HDD & am waiting for it to arrive.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to transfer all my data from drive to drive. I don't want to use a 500GB drive to house the operating system. I'd rather use that whopping storage for all my recorded HDTV files.


I borrowed a hard drive from work that already has Windoze XP, figuring I can use it just to transfer all my media files to the new hard drive. No go. It won't even load; Safe Mode or otherwise. Yikes! Now I'm not even 100% sure that my hard drive is a fault. I'm at a loss at this point. I may try to install XP onto my new hard drive just to see if it works. I have a bad feeling about this.

Photo by Cody

No comments: