Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Never thought not being a jerk would be this difficult

So, I had to confront an individual at work about an email sent to a customer that contained information that was completely incorrect. The thing is, I had already sent him an email containing all the pertinent information that needed to be forwarded to the customer. He (must have) neglected my email & wrote what he thought to be the correct information.

See, whenever dealing with a customer, you always want to have your information correct before contacting them. It's my philosophy to exhaust all information resources at my company before ever contacting the customer. This will ensure that we don't look like fools; keeping the respect of the customer & the integrity of our company's reputation.

And of course, because I work in engineering, this little boo-boo will directly affect the image of me & my department.

No comments: